We are always glad to welcome volunteers. There are many ways to participate in our projects and help our team, for example:
- The newspaper archive: We are looking for support in cataloguing and organizing our extensive collection of newspaper clippings on LGBTIQ topics.
- Maintain our website and add new content: You can write biographies, contribute to the chronicle of Munich’s LGBTIQ* history or develop and implement new concepts and ideas for virtual exhibitions.
- Add to our collections: We would like to keep our archive up-to-date and close existing gaps: For example, you can help to complete our collection of magazines, help to acquire private estates and documents or maintain contacts with Munich’s LGBTIQ* institutions and secure materials from them.
- Help with events: You can support us by organizing events and activities, e.g. you can help with our stand at the Gay Pride (CSD), you can help us to set up our booth at events, supervise our book table or give guided tours in the city.
- Cataloguing and digitizing collections: Many materials in our archives have not yet been thoroughly reviewed and/or are not yet available online. Help cataloguing and digitizing our collections!
- Evaluate biographical interviews: We have an extensive collection of audio interviews with LGBTIQ* contemporary witnesses, some of which have not yet been processed.
- Research the archive: If you would like to do research on a specific topic, delve deeper into a special field of LGBTIQ* history, or if you have ideas for lectures, exhibitions or events to organize under the umbrella of the Forum, we will be happy to assist you as far as possible.
Your ideas and initiatives are always welcome!
Our monthly team meeting of volunteers takes place every first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm. You are welcome to participate!
You can reach us by e-mail and by phone during the office hours.
Become a member: FQAM_membership application 2020 (in German).